Series: Children of the Fifth Sun (Book 1)
Paperback: 414 pages
Publisher: Vesuvian Books (July 25, 2017)
Praise for CHILDREN OF THE FIFTH SUN
“An action-packed, globe-hopping science fiction thriller… pedal-to-the-metal pacing and relentless action make it easy to turn pages…” ―Kirkus Reviews
“Insane! What Gareth did here was incredible! This author took a global look at America, China, and Russia, and added a species from another era into the mix, to create a well-researched novel of suspense, intrigue, with dashing individuals. The characters travel the world on a unique mission while trying to stay out of the line of fire as rogue government agencies from several different countries try to stop them. It’s a wild ride from California to Peru, from Egypt to Siberia. The amount of research put into this novel is on par with a Michael Crichton novel. The main character, Kelly Graham, reminded me of Dirk Pitt from Clive Cussler’s novels. Overall, an incredible read and a book I’m recommending.” ―Jonas Saul, Best-selling author of the Sarah Roberts Series, April 2017
Suspend disbelief and let yourself travel on a downriver, undersea, and overland adventure in this well-constructed novel. The author takes you on a fast paced journey full of intrigue, government secrets, unusual creatures and just a tad of romance. Superlatives abound and the literary illumination paints an image so clear you feel you are there with the characters. For those who know the author, there are bit of his personality revealed which makes reading the novel even more enjoyable. A bit Tom Clancy, a hint of Dan Brown — authentically Gareth in his debut work. ―Charity Scripture
“Scientist Worthington’s understanding of the complexities and possibilities of marine biology and endocrinology are evident.” ―Publishers Weekly, May 2017
TEN FACTS ABOUT CHILDREN OF THE FIFTH SUN
- The knowledge bringers are based on a global myth that 15,000 years ago a great flood happened and after a race of intelligent amphibious people/beings came to give humanity science and civility
- The Green and Red Society is real
- The Nine Veils is a real concept
- The Antikythera mechanism is a real, ancient, clockwork device that can predict the movement of some heavenly bodies
- The Great Pyramids of Giza really do align with the stars of Orion’s Belt, but 2000 years before the pyramids were built
- There really is an underwater city sunk off the coast of India
- A total shift in the Earth’s crust over the liquid core is a real theory suggested to explain how some creatures became flash-frozen in Siberia
- The Aymara language really can be used to translate between multiple languages
- The book is not about aliens, but about a species that evolved alongside humans
- It will blow your mind!
***2018 SILVER FALCHION AWARD FINALIST***
***2018 CYGNUS AWARD SHORTLIST (WINNER TBD)***
Genre: “Science Faction” – science fiction, action and adventure with fact-based science, theories and mythology
IN ALMOST EVERY BELIEF SYSTEM ON EARTH, there exists a single unifying mythos: thousands of years ago a great flood devastated the Earth’s inhabitants. From the ruins of this cataclysm, a race of beings emerged from the sea bestowing knowledge and culture upon humanity, saving us from our selfish drive toward extinction. Some say this race were “ancient aliens” who came to assist our evolution.
But what if they weren’t alien at all? What if they evolved right here on Earth, alongside humans . . . and they are still here? And, what if the World’s governments already know?