Listening Length: 8 hours and 17 minutes
Program Type: Audiobook
Version: Original recording
Publisher: The AudioComics Company
Audible.com Release Date: October 25, 2019
Language: English, English
Director: WILLIAM DUFRIS
Sound Design: DAVID CHEN & CARLOS RODRIGUEZ SOUND
Additional Post Production: MIND’S EYE PRODUCTIONS
Composers/Arrangements: FRANK SCHULMEYER
Cover Art: GEORGES JEANTY
Recorded at: MIND’S EYE PRODUCTIONS , PORTLAND, ME and INVISIBLE STUDIOS, LOS ANGELES, CA
When the history of horror comics was written, one name stood and still stands above the rest: EC Comics. With equal parts suspense, gore, camp, and morality tale, the triumvirate of EC’s horror output laid the groundwork for what was to come from many of the genre’s greatest writers and directors.
Now, AudioComics (a division of Pocket Universe Productions) presents EC COMICS PRESENTS… THE VAULT OF HORROR, its stories adapted and presented in an audio-rich fully immersive setting complete with a full cast, scoring, and soundscapes. This ghastly grimoire adapts issues #12 to #17 of the classic horror series, with werewolves, vampires, cutthroats, and numerous ne’er-do-wells!
Starring Kevin Grevioux (creator of the Underworld film franchise) as the Vault Keeper, and special guests Phil Proctor of the Firesign Theatre and Denise Poirier (MTV’s Æon Flux), the first season of VAULT is going to chill your spine and clam your palms! So put your headphones on and enter THE VAULT OF HORROR! It’s a real scream!
MEET THE CASTS
FEATURING KEVIN GREVIOUX AS YOUR HORRIFYING HOST, THE VAULT KEEPER!
- Portrait in Wax! features the voices of Lance Roger Axt, Mariah Bergeron, Peter Berkrot, Rob Cameron, Steven Jay Cohen, and Hannah Daly.
- The Werewolf Legend features the voices of Joseph Bearor, William Dufris, Emily Grotz, Philip Hobby, Paul Hodgson, and Charlie Marenghi.
- Horror in the Night features the voices of Lance Roger Axt, Hannah Daly, Michael Rafkin, Lisa Stathoplos, and Jennywren Walker.
- Terror Train features the voices of William Dufris, Paul Haley, James Herrera, Denise Poirier, Ashanti Williams, and Janay Woodruff.
- The Dead Will Return! features the voices of Brent Askari, Barry Dodd, William Dufris, Christine Marshall, Casey Turner, and Jonathan Woodward.
- The Curse of Harkley Heath features the voices of Joseph Bearor, Moira Driscoll, Emily Grotz, Paul Hodgson, Charlie Marenghi, Lisa Muller-Jones, and Marjolaine Whittlesey.
- Doctor of Horror features the voices of Lance Roger Axt, Peter Berkrot, Steven Jay Cohen, Matt Delamater, William Dufris, and Dalton Kimball.
- Island of Death features the voices of William Dufris, Charlie Marenghi, Michael Rafkin, and Lisa Stathoplos.
- Voodoo Vengeance! features the voices of Veeva Banga, Burke Brimmer, Thomas Ian Campbell, William Dufris, Sarah Kennedy, and Mark Winkworth.
- Werewolf features the voices of Brent Askari, Barry Dodd, William Dufris, Isabella Etro, Charlie Marenghi, Christine Marshall, Nic Robes, Casey Turner, and Jonathan Woodward.
- The Strange Couple! features the voices of Brittany Burke, William Dufris, Sarah Kennedy, Kerryann Loomis, Erik Moody, and Harold Withee.
- Rats Have Sharp Teeth! stars Phil Proctor.
- Horror House! features the voices of Phil del Vecchio, Barry Dodd, Isabella Etro, Christine Marshall, Nic Robes, Casey Turner, and Jonathan Woodward.
- Terror in the Swamp! features the voices of Rob Cameron, William Dufris, Emily Grotz, Philip Hobby, Paul Hodgson, Marjolaine Whittlesey, and Collin Young.
- Report from the Grave features the voices of Hudson Christie, Jack Kelley, Maiya Koloski, Aidan Lee, Owen Lee, Andrew Lyndlaker, Mike MacKenzie, Owen McAnuff, Ryan Strack, and Robbie Trowbridge.
- Buried Alive! features the voices of Brittany Burke, William Dufris, Paul Haley, James Herrera, Maiya Koloski, Denise Poirier, Ashanti Williams, and Janay Woodruff.
- Werewolf Concerto features the voices of Rob Cameron, William Dufris, Philip Hobby, Paul Hodgson, Dalton Kimball, Lisa Muller-Jones, and Marjolaine Whittlesey.
- Fitting Punishment features the voices of Lance Roger Axt, William Dufris, Ed Romanoff, Jennywren Walker, and Collin Young.
- The Grave Wager features the voices of Gabriel Beury-Moore, Karen Bombaro, Thomas Ian Campbell, William Dufris, Jackson Harris, Dalton Kimball, and Alexander Merrill.
- Escape! features the voices of Lance Roger Axt, Peter Berkrot, Steven Jay Cohen, Matt Delamater, William Dufris, Dalton Kimball, Karen Lundh, and Michael Rafkin.
- Terror on the Moors! features the voices of William Dufris, Charlie Marenghi, and Lisa Stathoplos.
- Baby… it’s Cold Inside! features the voices of Lance Roger Axt, Mariah Bergeron, Peter Berkrot, Steven Jay Cohen, William Dufris, Karen Lundh, and Michael Rafkin.
- The Beast of the Full Moon! features the voices of Brent Askari, Barry Dodd, William Dufris, Christine Marshall, Nic Robes, Casey Turner, and Jonathan Woodward.
- Voodoo Horror! Features the voices of Karen Bombaro, William Dufris, Paul Haley, James Herrera, Denise Poirier, Ashanti Williams, and Janay Woodruff.
Lance Roger Axt (Co-Founder) was the creator/Producing Director of the audio theatre production company Play it by Ear Productions, through which he produced world-premiere radio one-acts for the award-winning anthology series “We Have Ignition,” and produced and co-directed a festival of original five-minute radio plays, You Have Five Minutes… before a live audience in Albuquerque, NM in 2009.
In addition, he produced a live re-creation of Norman Corwin’s legendary audio essay We Hold These Truths at the Canterbury Woods Auditorium in Pacific Grove, CA (2005), followed by a series of old-time radio re-creations on the Central Coast, “Those Thrilling Days of Yesteryear” (2007 – 2010)
Lance is the former Vice President of the National Audio Theatre Festivals, Inc., an organization dedicated to the education and promotion of contemporary audio theatre, and was a six-time attendee at the Festivals’ Audio Theatre Workshop in Missouri, where he directed the world premiere of Knocking on Heaven’s Door, written by comics legend JM DeMatteis (2011). He also produced the NATF’s “Audio Art of Animation” workshop in Hollywood, and is one of the co-creators of the Norman Corwin Award for Excellence in Audio Theatre, the only award of its kind in America honoring life achievement in audio theatre/radio drama. He has also narrated over two-dozen audiobooks for Audible Studios and Audible ACX.
A classically-trained actor (MFA, Trinity Rep Conservatory in Rhode Island) who has performed off-Broadway and with regional theatres in New England, Lance is also a produced playwright (Chasing Dragons), and has been commissioned to write a screenplay for a new production company in Los Angeles. Short fiction published by 01 Publishing and Pro Se Press (forthcoming). He is currently working on both full-length play and screenplay #2; on a graphic novel set in 1930’s Hollywood; and on his first YA prose trilogy.
AUDIOCOMICS COMPANY CREDITS:
Actor: NORM (Starstruck); Alec Killian (Titanium Rain, Episode One); Howard Deutchman (Honey West: Murder on Mars); Mayor Percy J. Benbough (The Domino Lady: Welcome to San Diego…); General Todd McAlister (Battle for LA); Sgt. Brian Mulcahy (The Perhapanauts: Monsters Among Us, or Chimaera Wanna Tellya Somethin’); Medulla (Molly Danger, Episode One: Mighty); Det. Donoghue/Timothy Lathrop (The Starling Project); Al Grubb and Ensemble (Locke and Key)
Director: The Domino Lady: All’s Fair in War (2012); Battle for LA (2013);
Co-Producer on all AudioComics Company productions (except HorrorScopes). Adapted Battle for LA for audio, and co-adapted Molly Danger, Episode One: Mighty.
These experiences led Dufris to co-found the audio production company The Story Circle, Ltd in the UK, which produced audio theatre programs for numerous publishers. Upon returning to the US, Dufris founded Mind’s Eye Productions, and co-founded AudioComics, for which he has been producer, director, actor and engineer. He was also a guest artist at the National Audio Theatre Festival’s 2005, 2006, and 2007 Workshops, appearing in the world premiere works The Best Place to Grow Pumpkins, Rewind, Extra-Ordinary, and Histories, and directed Arigon Starr’s audio comedy Super Indian for Native Voices at the Autry Center in Los Angeles.With over a thousand audiobooks to his credit, Bill is a multiple finalist for the APA’s prestigious Audie Award (winning in 2012 for The Murder of the Century), has garnered numerous Golden Earphones Awards through AudioFile Magazine, and was named by AudioFile as “One Of The Best Voices At The End Of The Century.”AUDIOCOMICS COMPANY CREDITS:
Director: Starstruck (2010); HorrorScopes (2011); Honey West: Murder on Mars; Titanium Rain, Episode One (2012); Gamadin: Word of Honor; Molly Danger, Episode One: Mighty; The Perhapanauts: Monsters Among Us, or Chimaera Wanna Tellya Somethin’ (2013); The Starling Project (2014); Locke & Key (2015)
Actor: Dwannyun of Griivarr and Orga the Killer Cyborg (Starstruck); Ensemble roles (HorrorScopes); Lt. Mark Storm (Honey West: Murder on Mars); Austin Briggs (Molly Danger, Episode One: Mighty); and Karl the Mothman (The Perhapanauts: Monsters Among Us, or Chimaera Wanna Tellya Somethin’)
Co-Producer on all AudioComics productions.
Pocket Universe Productions creates fully immersive “audio movies”, adapted from science fiction, fantasy, horror, and thriller prose, as well as from stage plays and graphic novels.Founded by Lance Roger Axt and William Dufris, Pocket Universe elevates audio fiction to a whole new level by offering the best stories from the best writers and utilizing professional voice actors and richly layered soundscapes and music in order to provide stellar audio entertainment.
Pocket Universe is also one of very few production companies that brings a unique collaborative approach to the medium by working in partnership with independent creators and writers, guiding them through the process of adapting their stories for audio, all the while ensuring no unwelcome viewpoint is foisted onto their creations. Pocket Universe offers a second life for any creator’s story, via a medium that promises to present that creation to an entirely new audience.
Pocket Universe plans to expand our reach into the worlds of video games and animation, bringing the same quality found in our full-cast productions to the audio components of these forms of entertainment. Pocket Universe is also developing an original line of creator-owned properties for trans-media options and sales to the entertainment industry, including Mr. Dufris’ Twice Upon a Time, and Mr. Axt’s Plunder and Sight Unseen.